Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cheesy what?

IMG_8059

So on our very first trip to the grocery store I found these and immediately had to buy a bag. How could I resist that friendly-looking character on the cover? What was he? - er, I didn't think about that. I wanted cheese flavored popcorn and thought that's what this was. Haha - of course I was disappointed to realize later that they're actually big cheese doodles.

And then I looked at the front of the package again and realized how silly I'd been.
These are Mais Würmer which translates to Corn WORMS! mmm... yum. And the happy guy with his coat and hat is obviously a corn-worm himself. Now I didn't need to know german to figure that out.

Well, my vocabulary has increased and I'll console myself by eating the rest of the bag while I write this post. Next time I'll have to try caramel flavor...

(and in case you're wondering, käse geschmack means cheese flavor. Geschmack is a marvelous word isn't it? Perfect sound for it's meaning.)

1 comment:

D. LaFerry said...

You KNOW I'll be prancing around the house yelling "MAISWORMER!" all day now... :)