Wednesday, April 18, 2012

If I swing high enough...

IMG_8045

look it's me... on a swing... in front of the Berlin Wall!! How cool is that :)

This is a remnant of the wall left intact as a memorial. It's obviously a popular place for graffiti (like everywhere else in Berlin.) I don't know whose idea the swings were, but in my opinion they are a great monument to reunification.

This is at a place called Mauer Park (Wall Park) that has a gigantic flea market every Saturday. Here's a pic of it from the hillside - it looks like a tent city. They had everything from old door handles to Kraftwerk LPs.

IMG_8047

We went, but we certainly didn't conquer - it's huge and packed full of people. There is also a little outdoor amphitheater in the park where everyone was watching a guy doing juggling and tightrope tricks.

IMG_8036

And check out the fashions. We were not cool enough to be here. I'm surprised they let us in ;)


1 comment:

Lily said...

awesome pic of you swinging infront of the Berlin Wall!! And Justin needs to pick up some Herzog sandals with trouser sock with shorts PRONTO. I'm still not sure how you should dress to fit it. I'll have to think about that.